Welcome to the Whimsy Homes Tree Castle
Our boutique vacation rental is conveniently located in the charming mountain town of Arnold, California, just northeast of San Francisco in Stanislaus National Forest.
Here, we spent months transforming a rustic cabin into our dream luxury destination, lovingly called Træborg, or “Tree Castle.” When you stay here, you’ll soon see why…
Hugged in by over 50 whispering pine trees, oaks and cedars, Tree Castle is located between peaceful private lakes, snowy slopes in winter, mountainside vineyards, and stunning forest trails among giant sequoias. Inside the cabin, you’ll find a rainbow of eclectic decor, new furnishings and appliances, and five-star amenities. Made for travelers seeking unique and unexpected experiences, Tree Castle blends indoor-outdoor living, modern luxury, and nostalgic vibes.
Tree Castle by Whimsy Homes is ideal for:
The Whole Family (Pets Too!)
Bring all your littles! Our cabin offers a high chair, crib, gate, and a dog blanket and bowl for your family’s convenience.
Enjoy private HOA access to Fly-In Acres Lake and Blue Lake Springs Lake and Rec Center (with swimming pool). Natural Bridges swimming hole and many other gorgeous alpine lakes are only a short drive away, perfect for kayaking, canoeing, motorboating, SUP, and fishing. Or relax at the cabin in our luxurious Nordic hot tub, available year-round. We happily provide towels and fun floaties.
Visit Bear Valley Resort or Calaveras Big Trees State Park for downhill and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Our cabin is winter-ready with a cozy indoor propane fireplace and luxurious outdoor Nordic hot tub.
Marvel at giant sequoias as you hike or bike through nearby Calaveras Big Trees State Park, or explore stunning cave formations at Mercer Caverns or Moaning Caverns Adventure Park.
Enjoy all the comforts of home away from home. Relax with luxurious indoor and outdoor furniture by Burrow, new organic mattresses by Nolah, and a professional coffee-brewing setup. Yes, we have high-speed internet, too. We also provide all the home essentials, including a washer/dryer, dishwasher, kitchen appliances, pantry staples, toiletries, and much more.
Feel inspired by our bold, unexpected, and whimsical home decor, including eye-popping accents you’ve never seen before—pink kitchen, anyone? Our cabin’s eclectic aesthetic is Nordic meets 70’s revival, and our furniture and appliances are always new and updated.
Join the global community that is Whimsy Soul. Our cabin’s decor and amenities are inspired by our international travels, from floral wallpaper spotted in a cafe in Quebec to custom artwork that hails from Copenhagen. We welcome guests from all over, and the cabin’s QR codes are available in both English and Spanish.
Invite the girls for a weekend of wine tasting and sightseeing in the historical village of Murphys, just a short drive away. Back at the cabin, we have a luxurious Nordic hot tub, record player, smart TV with Netflix, and VHS tapes for those throwback sleepover vibes.
Make the sustainable choice by booking with us. Our cabin includes eco-friendly cleaning products, recycled toilet paper, and furnishings made by sustainable brands wherever possible.
Rest assured that our cabin has everything you need, including parking for 3-4 cars, smart locks for easy check-in and access, an on-call local property manager, and many more features and amenities (see the full list below). Have a question? Just ask!
- Cedar hot tub
- Horseshoe + cornhole lawn games during summer
- Outdoor Adirondack chairs
- Outdoor dining table
- Outdoor couch
- 2 lake or pool floaties for guest use
- 2 sleds for guest use
- Ski rack
- Fully equipped kitchen (everything from immersion blender to chef’s knives)
- Casabrews Espresso machine
- Drip coffee maker
- Pour-over coffee pot
- Coffee + tea
- Tea kettle
- Immersion blender
- Hand mixer
- Popcorn maker
- Cutting boards
- Basic cooking supplies (salt, olive oil, etc.)
- Gas stove
- Washer + dryer
- Battery-powered lamps in case of power outage
- Basic cleaning supplies (eco-friendly)
- Curated board games
- Some books
- Kids books
- Kids dinnerware
- Safety gate
- High Chair
- Outlet covers available
- Guava travel crib
- Dog blanket, bowls, treats, and backup doggie bags
- Record player + curated records
- GameCube (Mario Kart!)
- Smart TV for steaming + cabin Netflix account
- Extra blankets, pillows, towels, etc
- Nectar Shampoo, conditioner, body wash
- First aid kit
- Safety items like CO monitor, fire exhauster, escape ladders, etc
- Nolah mattresses
- Burrow couch + furniture
- Window A/C units + ceiling fans
- Propane fireplace for heat (this is important, many cabins up here are wood fire only but we have heat!)
- Private lake access at Blue Lake Springs
- Pura device for nice smells
- Driveway will be plowed in winter
- Shovels and road salt left in winter
- Pink Locker store
- 2 queen-size beds, 1 queen pull-out couch, 1 bunk bed
- 2 full bathrooms
- Parking for 3-4 cars on a flat driveway
- Smart lock for keyless entry
- EV charger
- On-call property manager for questions or help